Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"The Super Bowl Creed" by Chuck Zehring

The Super Bowl Creed
( A Pro Football Player's Prayer)
Yea though I walk through the valley of the
shadows of the billboards of corporate greed,
I shall fear no evil because the lord of competition is with me,
His tax-payer,subsidized, team manager,
doctor, and life-flight helicopter comfort me,
He hath revealead to me that my head is my helmet
and even though an occasional concussion confuseth
me and maketh me lie down in the short green grass of the field,
I shall fear no evil because this involves higher
cognitive functions that are no longer with me,
His pastor's playbook and locker room talks give me courage,
he blesses me with unsubstantiated wealth and fame before my fans,
He has my knees anointed with coritsone,
Only fleeting consciousness and lasting injury
shall follow me all the days of my life,
But I shall fear no evil because upon my death,
I shall dwell in the locker room of my lord forever,
Now let's play ball!
(c) Chuck Zehring

No comments: